Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Movies Of The Year: 2005

Well, we've made it up to the present. Here's my list for 2005, presented without comment because, well, I've already written about most of these movies elsewhere on the blog. As far as I can tell, it's a complete coincidence that the top 3 movies are all about the same thing, though they each deal with their subject very differently.


38. The Legend Of Zorro
37. Fantastic Four
36. The Chronicles Of Narnia
35. Fever Pitch
34. Aeon Flux
33. The Dukes Of Hazzard
32. Cry Wolf
31. Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
30. Brothers Grimm
29. The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
28. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
27. Kingdom Of Heaven
26. Land Of The Dead
25. Unleashed
24. Syriana
23. Memoirs Of A Geisha
22. War Of The Worlds
21. Mr. And Mrs. Smith
20. Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
19. Capote
18. Batman Begins
17. The Aristocrats
16. Match Point
15. Walk The Line
14. Elizabethtown
13. Shopgirl
12. Cache
11. Broken Flowers
10. Brokeback Mountain
9. Revenge Of The Sith
8. Serenity
7. The 40 Year Old Virgin
6. No Direction Home
5. Me & You & Everyone We Know
4. The New World
3. Sin City
2. A History Of Violence
1. Munich


Still in the process of watching 2005 movies, of course. But here's the Unseen ones as of now:

King Kong
Constant Gardener
Constantine
Wedding Crashers
The Island
Hitch
Cinderella Man
Corpse Bride
Red Eye
Flightplan
Lord Of War
Jarhead
Curse Of The Were-Rabbitt
Four Brothers
The Exorcism Of Emily Rose
March Of The Penguins
Pride & Prejudice
Rent
Good Night, And Good Luck
Dark Water
The Upside Of Anger
Sky High
The Family Stone
Domino
Murderball
Grizzly Man
The Squid & The Whale
Mirrormask
Hustle & Flow
Junebug
Coach Carter
Nine Lives
Jesus Is Magic
The Beat That My Heart Skipped
The Interpreter
The Longest Yard
The Bad News Bears
The Baxter
Breakfast On Pluto
Proof
Thumbsucker
In Her Shoes
The Ice Harvest
North Country
The World's Fastest Indian
V For Vendetta

7 comments:

  1. In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that I'm watching the new Bad News Bears, and I'm afraid I have to take back some of the bad things I've been saying about Richard Linklater; it's actually pretty good. Billy Bob might actually be better suited for the role of Buttermaker than Matthau, and Greg Kinnear is great too. The girl isn't anywhere near as awesome as Tatum O'Neil, but what child actors are?

    School of Rock is still massively overrated, though. I stand by that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still haven't seen Bad News Bears, I'm interesting in The Newton Boys though.

    You know the only reason you don't like School Of Rock is because you have no soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, the reasons I don't like School of Rock are;

    a.) Having worked with children, I no longer find them cute, endearing, or precious.

    b.) Joan Cusack and Sarah Silverman are both horribly misused.

    c.) That song they wrote and played at the battle of the bands is awful and beyond cheesy.

    d.) I can't stand AC/DC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You left out:

    "e. I have no soul"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel that Crash should have gotten some mention, since you seem to have seen it.

    I mean, it's at least better than F4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha. My mistake.

    ReplyDelete