Tuesday, July 09, 2013

This Week in Rankings


I posted another two podcasts this week, with Episode Two of The George Sanders Show, on Dead Man and Ride Lonesome and Episode #17 of They Shot Pictures, on the movies of Sammo Hung. I also wrote about Chor Yuen's Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan. That review and my other recent writings about Hong Kong genre cinema can be found in the Summer of Sammo Index. Over at Letterboxd I have new director lists for Jim Jarmusch and Stanley Donen.

These are the movies I've watched and rewatched over the last week, and where they place on my year-by-year rankings. Links are to short reviews at Letterboxd.


The Maltese Falcon (John Huston) - 5, 1941
Ride Lonesome (Budd Boetticher) - 7, 1959
Charade (Stanley Donen) - 2, 1963
The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes (Billy Wilder) - 8, 1970
Blood Brothers (Chang Cheh) - 19, 1973
The Way We Were (Sydney Pollack) - 26, 1973
The Miracle Fighters (Yuen Woo-ping) - 5, 1982
The Eight-Diagram Pole Fighter (Lau Kar-leung) - 3, 1984
Righting Wrongs (Corey Yuen) - 15, 1986
Dead Man (Jim Jarmusch) - 1, 1995
Drunken Monkey (Lau Kar-leung) - 13, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment